Tuesday 27 September 2016

Maya Wine Glass tutorial/ Egg cup tutorial with Simon Holland

For Maya Monday, we were required to create a wine glass object, along with several other objects that were similar to alcohol bottles and glasses using NURBS.  We then later learned how to create an extrude within our created wine glasses in order to make our objects look more realistic. It was interesting to learn the different shortcuts and keys in Maya and it was also interesting to learn how to manage the difficult tasks involved with modelling objects and forms.

1
At first I found it challenging to keep my created objects intact due to struggling with the different perspectives with the nerve tools, but through using a different technique, I managed to create models from previously created templates which became much easier to understand. One of the problems included accidentally creating holes in my first wine glass made due to rendering it in the wrong viewing panel, but with this in mind, I managed to later have another go at recreating and correctly rendering other objects later on with help from Alan Postings.


1st Maya class session with Simon Holland
After our first real modelling session with Maya in class, I wanted to try and redo some of the activities that we did in class to see whether my skills with using the program would improve with practice. Through following the first initial Maya tutorial on the Computer Animation Arts 1st year blog for Maya tutorials, I managed to vastly improve my knowledge of Maya along with gain a higher level of confidence in which to use the program correctly.


Maya practice from home 
Maya practice from home



No comments:

Post a Comment